Metrics - Outcomes, Outputs and Benefits
We are urgently seeking support for our cloud and app-based I.T system which is limiting our growth and ability to share resources within the cycling community. When deployed, realtime data will be available here, quantifying impacts of the work we deliver and our cost of delivery for multiple stakeholders with aligned goals. Because all our work is open source, our multi-stakeholder decentralised cloud & app system will also be available to all, designed primarily to strengthen and support local independent bike shops and cycling social enterprises – the heart of the cycling repair business. We’re hoping to build a modular system too that other enterprises can adopt, again, to accelerate our transition towards a lean, agile, inclusive and regenerative future. There is overwhelming scientific data suggesting that we have 10-15years max to change course and rebuild our global economy. The days of incrementalism and asymmetric relationships are over and we need to take bold action and open our hearts as much as our heads to co-create the future our children’s children deserve.
Broadly, our metrics will show in realtime;
- number of bikes custom built or refurbished and gifted to community members*
- number of bikes serviced (and rating of service)
- impact for alumni within our ‘Sustainable Cycles’ work-based learning programme
- names and links to organisations who’ve supported us and whom we’ve supported, along with the impact this has made
- value of parts, materials and pro bono services gifted or reclaimed in support of our work
- volunteering hours gifted and training and accreditation received
- health outcomes and outputs for our social prescribing interventions
- social and broad economic impact of restorative and rehabilitation interventions when able to share
- qty and value of materials upcycled along with collaborative partners transforming waste into a resource
- kg of materials recycled by type with collaborative partners who are helping us transition to a net zero and zero waste economy
- other impacts we are making in terms of circular economy, gift economy, social inclusion, restorative justice and community cohesion
Our system will also provide analytics and huge value to multiple community stakeholders – for example, our anonymised data and partnerships can support multiple non-clinical interventions in health, reduce cycle crime by targeted interventions at both root and surface, rapidly skill and expand a net zero workforce embedded in systems of ‘conscious capitalism’ and transparently show the savings and costs to society of this at both the discrete and systems level. Of course, we also help people live happier and healthier lives through cycling and the necessary shift from the private motor vehicle, activating and reactivating underutilised first-mile/last-mile real estate in the process, ideally around community hubs providing multiple value propositions.
*since we engaged all four local hospitals in March 2020, built and gifted over £3k gift of bikes to NHS, keyworkers and Health Study participants, we’ve decided to gift all future bikes, with an open offer to ‘pay what you can’ to support our costs. We believe that generosity, trust and the spirit of service are imperative in times of great uncertainty and change and we’re leaning further into, rather than away from, these values more than ever before.